• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Unidentified Moth. (1 Viewer)

coaltit

United Kingdom
I first came across this moth in my garage this afternoon I can,t recall from memory seeing this particular moth before the last picture of this moth Was after I had released it into my garden and how well It blended on to the tree Trunk of a American black cherry almost Invisible, Could someone please Identify this moth for me.

Attachments

• PICT0300.jpg
    PICT0300.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 12
  • PICT0302.jpg
    PICT0302.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 6
  • PICT0305.jpg
    PICT0305.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 14
  • PICT0306.jpg
    PICT0306.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 94
Not the best photos to be certain but has the look of a Common Marbled Carpet.

Steve
Hi Steve, I use just a run of the mill type 9 mega pixel digital camera It normally captures just enough detail when needed but normally I Exhibit any Photo,s I take in the gallery which I will be doing with the photo of one on the tree, and yes I,m pretty sure It is a Common Marbled Carpet and I,ve never Seen so many different colour forms on a moth such as this one, This one had Dark under wings and I still could not find a exact match with this one with any on The Internet, So I,m unclear If Its one of the darker varieties or not.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back