• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Trip this week (1 Viewer)

sarahlouise84

Hello

I will have 3 days inclusive this week to explore and find birds. I can go as far north as around inverness(ish) west to oban/ south to arran. Can anyone make a suggestion for places that are good in Nov? Moved to Scotland a year ago and still not seen, ptarmigan, black grouse, golden eagle, parrot crossbill or capercaillie

Sounds like a trip to Speyside would suit you Sarah taking in the Findhorn Valley/ Strathdearn.

Rich

Definitely the best place to head at this time of year. Both Eagles showing well around Strathdearn at the moment, Black Grouse, Cresties and Ptarmigan too locally around Strathspey. Worth checking the forum below for latest info.

Thanks for the info and links. We ended up with a day in the Cairngorms/ Loch Garten and then a day in the North West. Saw ptarmigan, red grouse, cresties and red legged partridge on day one (and had a coal tit land on my head). Golden eagle, red deer, seals, great northern diver, buzzards in the NW. I'll give Findhorn a go when we next get a chance and will no doubt be heading north in the spring for the grouse and caper watches. :)

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back