• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cardinal nest (1 Viewer)

S3Anderson

I have a couple questions that hopefully someone can help with. We have a 6 foot spruce we're trying to plant but cardinals beat us and built a nest in it. I'm wondering what my options are..still plant the tree, wait until they hatch, or temporarily remove eggs and then put back?
My second question is regarding the eggs in the nest. Two weeks ago there was only one egg and as of today there are three total. Is this typical egg laying behavior for a cardinal? Or is the first egg a cowbird egg? In the attached picture the egg in the back (the more white one) was the first to arrive.
Thanks!

IMG_7062.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back