• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Posting bird recordings on twitter (1 Viewer)

cafe birder

Supporter
Having started recording my vismig sessions with a basic recorder I would like to post some of the calls on Twitter. I use audacity to "clean up" the sounds and produce spectograms but want advice on whether to use sound cloud or other (free) software so that I can post on Twitter and my blog. www.clevedonwildlife.blogspot.com Nothing too technically demanding please !

My aim, like most others doing this or nocmigging is simply to have a way to share what's happening locally in a manner similar to posting photos

Regards Howard

I really don't get social media's aversion to audio. Facebook, Twitter and Instagram will happily let you upload a massive video but not a tiny audio clip. Making a video of the audio is a good way to bypass this, and with birdsong adding the sonogram adds to the information. If you just want to post the audio, then Soundcloud is good or just upload it to your cloud storage of choice and link to it.

Thanks again. As you say no problem with exporting as Mp3 but Mp4 needed for twitter. I have downloaded tinytake and ignored their cloud storage but need to practice lots with getting the screen video to fill the box correctly.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back