• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Warbler? with broken wing (1 Viewer)

tklein

This morning on the way to work I found a little greenish yellow with grayish wings hopping on the road dragging a wing.

I scooped him up (he wasn't able to fly away) and put him in a box with a dish of water and some wild bird seed.

I cannot find any rehabilitation centers in my area...what should I do?

Hi, tklein! A warm welcome to you from all of us on staff here at BirdForum!

Unless the bird you found is a seed eater, offering it seeds won't help it. Try mealworms (available at most pet stores and even online) until you can get it into a professional's hands.

Have you read our info page here on BirdForum?

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=36564

Are there no vets at all in your area? No local or nearby Audubon chapter whose members could advise you or help transport the bird to a vet or rehabber if you can't? A bird with a broken wing needs immediate treatment. If you'll PM (private message) me your exact location, I'll try to find someone who'll be able to help. :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back