• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello! Joined because I found this little one in my yard... (1 Viewer)

PamC

Can anyone ID this bird? I’m pretty sure it’s a juvenile, but wanted to know if I should leave it or take to the local wildlife sanctuary.

Thank you in advance!

https://imgur.com/gallery/LNoA9U1

(I have dogs, so leaving it creates an issue...)

Last edited:
It is a Starling. Rest it somewhere dry and warm overnight, offer water and wet dog food - not bread. Release it first thing in the morning, away from cats and near suitable tree / shrub habitat. Good luck.

Last edited:
Hi Pam and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

That's a European Starling you've found, just moulting into his 'spotty' winter plumage.

I cross-posted with Pat. Follow his advice and if he's no better tomorrow morning then seek further professional advice.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

It's a Starling going through a molt.

Hi there Pam and a warm welcome to you :t:

We're glad you found us and thanks for taking a moment to say hello. Please join in wherever you like ;)

Pam, I am so very sorry, it was just pointed out to me that the "rainbow bridge" meant that it had passed on. I'm so sorry for my ignorance.

Aaaw Pam - I'm sorry to hear this news.

At least you tried, though and made him comfortable for his last few hours.

Hi Pam, welcome to the forum. I’m sorry your starling didn’t make it.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back