• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

grebe species north coast sutherland (1 Viewer)

grebe species north coast Sutherland Scotland

On the north Sutherland coast scotland, in a river estuary. 5th December. It's a long way off and the pictures grainy. At first I assumed little grebe but that doesn't seem quite right. The other grebe here should be black necked but again I'm not 100% on that, the forehead slope seems steep. Would appreciate the thoughts of others on this please.
It's my first posting so if I've missed something out then apologies. Thanks in anticipation of your help.

Attachments

• P1050099.JPG
    P1050099.JPG
    272.9 KB · Views: 132
  • P1050125.JPG
    P1050125.JPG
    438.4 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back