• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Gbb (1 Viewer)

GeorgeMac

Sutherland
Pretty sure this is a GBB but not 100% as he's not looking his best.

Attachments

• 200818-seagulls2-D-A.jpg
    200818-seagulls2-D-A.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 34
  • gbb2.jpg
    gbb2.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 23
I think it's GBBG, leg colour and primary projection being enough to rule out Larus fuscus fuscus, though I'm no expert.

Yes! Larus is Latin for a gull, and marinus is Latin 'of the sea' (as in marine, marina, etc.).

So you've seen a seagull 3:)
Whenever I see the word "seagull" it puts me in mind of Bill Oddie's Little Black Bird Book. He mentions that he's not impressed by Jonathan Livingston Seagull. "You write me Jonathan Livingston Second Winter Lesser Black-backed Gull and I might get off on it."

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back