• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Princeton University Press - 50% off Plus Free Shipping Worldwide Through 6/28/2020 (1 Viewer)

sbarnhardt

Jack of a few trades Master of notta!
Opus Editor
United States
I hope I'm placing this in the right place. Apologies if I'm not? Time is short this morning.

I recently got information that the Princeton University Press has a 50% off plus free shipping worldwide sale going on through today 6/28/2020

It appears all titles with a lot of bird related topics.

https://press.princeton.edu/

The end date is what I received and the 50% off plus free shipping is from their website. Summer Sale

""| 50% off + free shipping worldwide. Use code PUP50 at checkout. Some exclusions apply.""

I make no representations and I have no interest in this beyond passing it along in the hopes someone might benefit from it.

The first thing I looked at, Birds of the West Indies, 2nd ed, is half price but despite an impressive list of countries that they will send it too, including Togo, Antarctica and Afghanistan, the UK is not one of them.

Last edited:
The first thing I looked at, Birds of the West Indies, 2nd ed, is half price but despite an impressive list of countries that they will send it too, including Togo, Antarctica and Afghanistan, the UK is not one of them.

That is strange! ???

For whatever reason, some books "do" ship to the UK and some don't!

I have no idea why? I'm not familiar with shipping/postal requirements/issues into the Uk. Is there something I'm not aware of?

Probably part of the agreement between Princeton and Helm on co-publishing certain books excluding them from sending to the other parts home market.

Niels

Barbados is also not a country you can choose, which is strange when British Virgin Islands is on the list.

Niels

They send to the UK (I hope!) as I ordered some books yesterday. The UK (or any variation of) is not on the initial drop-down list, but whichever country was selected it automatically worked out where I was on the next page. The UK was available on a later list when delivery address was input.

As a publisher, they seem to have a registered UK address (in Oxford) and I am hoping this is where they will post the books from as I don't really want them to arrive with an import tax bill!

Also, the price you pay is in USD and works out a little more than the quoted GBP prices, but within 10% and still a good deal as long as they turn up with no extra charges!

Cheers,
Matt

I ordered Oceanic Birds of the World as I’ve been eyeing it for a while and couldn’t say no for £15... Ordered Saturday, arrived today posted from UK address - great service and great price! Just to put your mind at rest.

Got mine (Oceanic Birds) a couple of days ago. Sent from John Wiley. I didn't think I wanted it until the price dropped and now glad I did. Lots of interesting splits.

OK, they seem to have updated the page so no more chances for me. Maybe another time.

Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back