• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Troublesome Birds - Gamboa, Panama - Sorted (1 Viewer)

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Jacana - no idea which one

D

Last edited:
Northern Jacana is supposed to be in Western Panama and north from there. Wattled is supposed to be in West-central Panama and east and south from there. Given that Gamboa is at the Canal in Central Panama, Wattled Jacana seems to be the most likely one. Disclaimer: I used the Clements checklist for the range data, and given the world wide scope of the book, there can be errors in that.

Niels

I've three choices here then:

1: Leave Jacana in plain text
2: Changing it to 'Wattled'
3: Have both Wattled and Northern, as it seems both might be possible

If no-one comes in with a 'definite' I'll see how brave I am later;)

D

Thanks both - Wattle it is then.

Cedric said:
you saw a Wattled Jacana if it was Gamboa.

I wish:-O :-O it's just a difficulty in an Opus article I'm trying to sort Cedric.

D

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back