• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon ProStaff 20-60x82 (1 Viewer)

The ProStaff name just seems to mean waterproof, so far. Also, appeals to hunters better than "birdy" and "starry" names.

Yes, Tero is pretty much right on. The "ProStaff" designation seems to be geared more towards the hunting crowd. I would expect this line to replace the Earth and Sky series which has been popular for some time.

I plan on looking into the Prostaff 65 mm model to replace my Meopta Hermes I. I hope some places get them in earlier than next month though. ;)

BHphotovideo are already accepting order for the "Prostaff" and announces a delivery time of ~14 days. However, it seems that it does not have any ED element :( This can explain its low price. This can be nevertheless a good option for a low budget scope.

More interesting IMO is what looks as to be 4 new eyepieces. Hard to know if they will fit older models like the ED 82...

Speaking of the eyepieces, I have the catalog in front of me and I believe they are going to marketing them partly from a digiscoping perspective. The eye relief with the 20x/25x eyepiece is listed at 31.8 mm. The eyepiece options look very tempting and I do plan on getting one as soon as they arrive. Last I heard that was going to be late June/early July.

pes said:
BHphotovideo are already accepting order for the "Prostaff" and announces a delivery time of ~14 days. However, it seems that it does not have any ED element :( This can explain its low price. This can be nevertheless a good option for a low budget scope.

More interesting IMO is what looks as to be 4 new eyepieces. Hard to know if they will fit older models like the ED 82...

The prostaff does not have an ED version. For the ED scope it will be the new Fieldscope 50mm

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back