• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

SW Florida - warbler (1 Viewer)

Fandango739

GeoBird
United States
Seen in mangroves near beach, between storms with very strong winds. It was overcast, so colors may be dulled / darkened.
It may just be a palm warbler, but I'm having trouble being sure. This storm was a big migration push and we are in the path for Swainson's. Like I said, I just can't be sure.

Thanks!

Attachments

• a- IMG_6262.jpg
    a- IMG_6262.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 56
  • a- IMG_6263.jpg
    a- IMG_6263.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 84
  • a- IMG_6264.jpg
    a- IMG_6264.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 40
Looks very good for Swanson's to me too, but I've only ever seen one, and I'd like a better view here. Surely Palm's the only alternative, and bill shape, and face, and head shape look wrong for Palm to me ...but in a storm-swept Palm(?)... good to get other opinions too.

Edit: cross posted with Jim

Last edited:
Thanks gang! New bird for me!
The bird may have been wet, which explains a bit of the worse for wear look. It was very windy, with storm squalls passing through.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back