• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Big Thanks (1 Viewer)

black crow

I really want to thank Birdforum for all the fun and information I've had since I've returned from a somewhat long absence. The last several years after having been diagnosed with Polyneuropathy have been plagued with a lot of depression and some anxiety and a general sense of the party being over. There was a time I thought I wouldn't be ever hiking anymore or even walking more than a block or two at a time. Getting better, due to finally after several years finding a medication that really helped with pain and then coming back here and finding you all still at it and getting caught up in the general excitement of birding and optics helped as much as any of my meds to get me back in the game again and wanting to do more life.

Finding the next level, for me, of new and more wondrous optic viewing has been a great balm to some very down and out spirits. The general comradery and good humor of all has been great. Don't want to get too mushy here but I'm really very grateful for this place at this time in my life. :t: This had to be said. 8-P

I'm grateful for the Birdforum also. Lot's of very nice and quality people. Sorry to hear about your health issue but glad to hear thinks are looking up for you. Aloha, Dave

Since I never had what I would call a proper family and have been a loner for long periods in my life and always an outsider I've found that the internet forums I've really stayed in for awhile have become something like a surrogate family. I spent 12 years posting at a website in their philosophy and psychology debate forum. Believe it or not I had over 95,000 posts there. I had friends there visit me from Kentucky to Arizona, Washington, Michigan,Sweden and Australia I'm still in touch with several and they feel more like family than my family ever did.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back