• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

6 day Birding trip Holland for 150-180€ (1 Viewer)

nbalblas

Hey guys!

Been a while since I've posted on birdforum.

In the spring of 2017 and 2018 I did 6 days of intensive birding in 6 provinces in Holland to see how many species I could find per province. I did 6 days in the end of May.

So, in 2019 I will be doing this again. But this time, I'd like to invite one or two people to join me. To keep your costs as low as possible you can stay with me for free and have dinner with me and my family.

- What do I expect of you?

I'm asking for a small contribution for the expenses e.g. petrol, lunch etc.(+-25-30€ per day)
You don't have to be really fit, but I'll be doing about 5-7 miles of flat terrain walking per day.
Coöperation, these days are high pace birding, from dawn till dusk.

- What can you expect from me?

I have my own transportation, I can pick you up from train/airport up to 1 hour from Zoetermeer.
The 2017 6 days both turned up a list of 147 species, 2018 151 species. (detailed list upon request available)

-accomodation.
Don't expect much, I can only offer my own bed and/or a matrass or
couch. But it's free

-food
You can join us for dinner or if were late for dinner we can grab a bite on
the way.

- The birds
I usually see between 95 and 110 species per day totalling 150. Most species are seen very nicely, but others are only a flash of a second.

- When
The 6 days will take place between 13th and 26th of May. I usually take 8 or 9 days just to be sure I/we have good birding weather. The other 2 or 3 days will be spent birding as well.

So, in short, a cheap, personal birding trip with up to 160 species.

I can take two participants with me. The further away your from the nicer. (more lifers etc)

Interested or more info? Send me a PM or leave a message below!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back