• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wall Lizard, Spain? (1 Viewer)

Sangahyando

Germany
I saw this one in Salamanca, Spain, a few days ago. It was a smallish specimen (ca. 10 cm), in a riparian habitat (the tree in the picture is a willow IIRC), accompanied by Cetti's Warbler, American Mink, and a host of Pied Flycatchers. My guess is it's some kind of wall lizard, but I'm not sure which one. I find identifying lizards somewhat difficult due to their apparently completely arbitrary patterns and coloration.
Any help with ID would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• lizard Spain.jpg
    lizard Spain.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 80
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back