• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

First Efforts (1 Viewer)

Keith Dickinson

Opus Editor
Well folks i said earlier in the year that we may be getting a digital camera....it arrived a week ago and here are my first efforts. It's only a small one..nothing big and fancy. The jackdaw had been helping himself to our crumbs but moved away when the camera started to click, the spugs were on the roof of a pub that doesn't serve grub after 2.30. The view is across the dale to Castle Bolton from Aysgarth.

Last edited:
Well done Keith they are super pictures!! :clap: :clap:

Just noticed the second sparrow, looks like he was trying to hide from you. ;)

Thanks for sharing your inaugural pictures with us. Keep them coming. :t:

Well done Keith,

I love the view it's absolutely gorgeous. You know we're all so very lucky to have countryside that is so beautiful!

Round here we've got hills and mountains as well as the lochs and they never look the same two days running.

It's amazing isn't it?

Well done again, and I look forward to your next offerings.

Cheers :t: :flyaway:

Hi Keith.
Don't hide your light under a bushel. "The boy done good," to quote your average footballer.

All the best.
Baz.

Hi Keith,
Great photos. Love the Jackdaw (one of my favourite birds), and the scenic one is terrific. Look forward to seeing more.
All the best, Judo.

Hi Keith,

Good stuff, welcome to the club.

Lovely bit of scenery, but you've done this before haven't you? With film I mean. And you got the birds to stand still for you, that's the ticket.

Don't be shy, let's have some more.

Cheers, Bill.

Well Done Keith keep em comin

I agree with you judo i like the jackdaw it is one of my favorite birds to

Great pics Keith, and I love the view ~ beautiful!
I love my digital camera :cool: I have never ever been able to wind a film on to an 'ordinary' camera, just never could get the hang of it, so the digital is right up my street.

Best wishes

bill moss said:
Hi Keith,

Good stuff, welcome to the club.

Lovely bit of scenery, but you've done this before haven't you? With film I mean. And you got the birds to stand still for you, that's the ticket.

Don't be shy, let's have some more.

Cheers, Bill.
Hi Bill, yes I have done it before with slide film even...got boxes of poor slides and one or two good ones to prove it.
To Everbody..just getting my head around the camera but I will keep posting more photos as they come along.
Thanks for the kind comments

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back