• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A big thankyou (1 Viewer)

nigelblake

don't re member
Just extending my thanks to all who have left such kind comments on my images in the gallery.

Nigel

I have been with that Barn Owl again today!

Attachments

• barnowl_1956.jpg
    barnowl_1956.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 404
It is a beautiful pic Nigel. I must try harder to observe an Owl in real life here in PA. Owls certainly are majestic. The face and the wingspan look almost too perfect to be real.

Is that bird attached to you by a string. I find it hard to find them any time and yet see them almost on a daily basis.

BTW super shot, but you know that any way don't you?

Hi Nigel

Your work always freezes me in the positive way.
I have been admiring your pictures first on bird pix and now also here.
They are always amazing.
I am not so much in replying to every thread but follows very much on the background and enjoying all the nice work from all the photographers.

Very nice work.
I wish I can ever produce some pictures half as good as yours.

Excellent capture..........are you sure you haven't sold your soul to the devil in return for this amazing talent? Should we call you Faustus from now on!

Keep it up

Whoops this has backfired a bit, I just wanted to say thanks and leave a picture as a thankyou gesture, and not generate lots more compliments, many thanks indeed.
Nigel

Nigel, I was wondering if you would be so kind as to sign my cap on sunday, if I can fight my way through the mob? 3:) B :)

Meantime get yer rarities in the Gallery :t:

Well, Nigel, you take good photos, so we are all just giving credit where credit is due. I'm with John J., how do you see owls seemingly so frequently, and in relatively good light (I know you work with the light, but still...).

Owls are very sedentary birds and habitually hunt the same area, so it is just a matter of being observant to find them in the first place and then puting the time and effort into going back to the same site and waiting for them to show. I do see Owls every day but it is because I go looking for them, three weeks ago I finally managed to see all the 5 British species (wild) in a day, it has taken me ages to do this but I have had 4 out of 5 many times.

Today whilst doing the Barny I had a Short-eared land in the grass in front of where I was concealed it was about 6 metres away and to close for my 600mm which was fitted at the time. I will post the pic in the gallery in a mo.

Nigel

Lovely picture Nigel, You make it sound so easy but one must not forget the dedication that goes into shots like that.
Not as simple as just turning up somewhere and hoping that an owl is going to come and sit next to you.
You are a wizzard though!

Ok that owl is really following you and that lens (600mm ) is it a prime lens?

Fantastic photo and well I simply run out of words.. and you are welcome!(that is for your thank you note to all of your MOB!)

Just saw the shot you had to "make do" with a close up. I think I would have politely lied and said I was trying for that one. That's a great shot.

Nigel, I would be worried if I were you. I figure you may have forum members following you around to photograph YOU for the new photo competition!3:)

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back