• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Best bird ID apps for UK/Europe (1 Viewer)

Nick Leech

United Kingdom
Looking to get a bird ID app for my Android mobile phone and also for my iPad.

Any recommendations?

Need it to cover all UK species inc rarities
Photos/pictures
Sounds - calls and songs
Distribution maps
Text on each species (as per normal field guide)
Listing capability for life list, year list, garden list, trip lists etc

Was considering Collins Guide or Sunbirds All UK Birds apps...

Not sure the Collins is available on Android phones, believes it is Iphone/Ipad only.
As an Android toting US based birder who sometimes crosses the pond, I too would love to find a good UK/Europe app.

I've had the Collins App of Birds of UK and Europe for quite awhile now on my Apple iPad and iPhone. It's excellent, but it costs quite alot of money with all the add on's and I think it's only available on Apple iPhones and Apple iPads.
Ian.

Sadly the Collins guide is definitely not available for Android, which is really infuriating as no other field guide comes close. Come on Collins sort it out!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back