• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

About the white-rumped pygmy falcon in Koh Ker (1 Viewer)

baboon

Hi, friends,
I would go to Siem Reap with my parents in February for a holiday and would like to take part in some bird-tour. On SVC's website they say their guide know some locations of several pairs of White-rumped Pygmy-falcon in Koh Ker, thus I wonder the probability of seeing a white-rumped pygmy falcon if we take their one-day tour to Koh Ker? And does the routes to the falcon sites tough to walk for my parents?
BTW, my parents are not bird-fans, thus if we would like to take part in one more tour, which option is better: Tonle Sap Lake or ATT?
Thank you very much!

Hi, friends,
I would go to Siem Reap with my parents in February for a holiday and would like to take part in some bird-tour. On SVC's website they say their guide know some locations of several pairs of White-rumped Pygmy-falcon in Koh Ker, thus I wonder the probability of seeing a white-rumped pygmy falcon if we take their one-day tour to Koh Ker? And does the routes to the falcon sites tough to walk for my parents?
BTW, my parents are not bird-fans, thus if we would like to take part in one more tour, which option is better: Tonle Sap Lake or ATT?
Thank you very much!

Hi baboon,

I don't know ATT, nor what it stands for. But we were on the one day Tonle Sap tour with SVC (as birders), and I think that tour is attractive for non-birders as well.

I've only come back from our trip, so this reply may be way too late for you. anyway, let us know what you did and saw.

ATT = Ang Trapaeng Thmor.

I would think that a visit to Preak Toal would be interesting for non-birders. The sheer number of water birds is just astounding.

ATT is probably less interesting for non-birders. It's primarily rice fields and open plains.

Can't speak for Koh Ker. We got our white-rumped falcons at Tmatboey.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back