• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Say's Phoebe? in Western, WA 3-16-18 (2 Viewers)

Hello,

I got back from birding at the Boeing Ponds in Kent, WA on 3-16-18 and was looking at the photos of this bird I took on barbed wire and it looks to me like a Says Phoebe. What do you all think?

Attachments

• says phoebe cropped 1.jpg
    says phoebe cropped 1.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 43
  • says phoebe cropped 2.jpg
    says phoebe cropped 2.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 44
What characteristics did you look at to determine golden crowned? I am trying to learn what I should be looking at to figure out what something is :) Thanks!

I see what you are saying about the bill and the streaking now. I think I was confused because of how dark its back looks in the photo. I should take a birding 101 class from a local Audubon chapter and it would probably explain some of these basics to me. Thanks guys!!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back