• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FS10 & Opticron ES80 ED scope (1 Viewer)

shpong

Hi,

I'm interested in the Digiscoping Package that Opticron and SWOptics have put together.
http://www.swoptics.co.uk/list.asp?CAT=22
I'm looking for my 1st scope, that I want to use for digiscopy, and not have to upgrade any time soon.
I was already very interested in the ES80, with either the HDF zoom or the SDLv2 zoom.
Opticron have devised a kit for the ES80 with the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FS10.

Anyone have any experience, knowledge or advice with this combination.

Many thanks

Colin

Hi,

I'm interested in the Digiscoping Package that Opticron and SWOptics have put together.
http://www.swoptics.co.uk/list.asp?CAT=22
I'm looking for my 1st scope, that I want to use for digiscopy, and not have to upgrade any time soon.
I was already very interested in the ES80, with either the HDF zoom or the SDLv2 zoom.
Opticron have devised a kit for the ES80 with the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FS10.

Anyone have any experience, knowledge or advice with this combination.

Many thanks

Colin

Just bought the kit from Srm Griturn. Users the same camera. simple to use. Eyepiece adapter also user friendly. Cost £199 - which may be cheaper than the Opticron set up. Worth a look?

I have the DS 7 with the ES80 scope and HDF zoom lens and am very happy with it. The downside is no manual controls but you pay more for the Lumix with these. Am still on a long learning curve with digi scoping but this kit is a good starting point.

Hugh

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back