Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Kungsleden Sweden, 23 June - 2 July (approx)

Old Thursday 23rd May 2019, 17:51   #1
Arbu

Kungsleden Sweden, 23 June - 2 July (approx)

I'm planning to hike the Kungsleden in Sweden from Abisko to Nikkaluokta next month with an emphasis on birding. If anyone would be interested in joining me then get in touch. I'd be grateful for any birding advice for the area as well.
Old Tuesday 28th May 2019, 12:25   #2
kb57

I did a 2 day hike on the Kungsleden many years ago (1985 I think..) from Abisko to a mountain hut and back again.
I wasn't particularly birding, being more interested in the flora at the time, but did manage to find a Lapland bunting's nest right next to the path (this would've been late June). Also saw Arctic fox. I'd earlier done Pallastunturi in Finland, and remember that being much better for birds, with long-tailed skuas, bar-tailed godwits and other good stuff.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: