• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Delighted to find you all! (1 Viewer)

Val Cramer

Hello everyone. I'm delighted to find you. I was searching Google for
Bill Oddie books, an author I just stumbled upon, and came across a thread from this forum.

I've been birding intensely for about 6 years now. I expect it will be a life-long pursuit.

I am the kind of birder who watches in wonder and can lose all track of time while out in the field. I love to find a new bird, but I'm happy to study the behavior of familiar birds as well.

I keep a lifelist. At present it contains birds found in California, Nevada, Pennsylvania and New York, USA. I hope to begin travelling to other bird locations. In the future I plan to visit Great Brittain, France and Germany, but have no set dates yet.

If anyone is planning a trip to my area, I would be happy to take you out birding! --Val

Hi Val! On behalf of the entire staff here at BirdForum, a warm welcome to you.

Thanks for taking a moment to tell us a bit about yourself and we look forward to your future participation here. :t:

What was the first bird you saw today?

Thanks for the welcome, Paul.

I notice that you are from Lancashire. What was the first bird you saw today? I'll look it up and feel I've had a mini trip to your part of the world.

The first bird I saw today was a scrub jay, a beautiful blue bird, a very intelligent member of the Corvid family that comes to my window for the unshelled peanuts I put out. --Val

Welcome to BF. Don't be too delighted - you haven't met us all yet! (I am of course, joking. Everyone here is completely charming, witty, erudite and simply wonderful.)

Hi Val,

From all the BirdForum Moderators and Administration, Welcome!

We are glad to have you join us in our appreciation of nature, especially wild birds.

Val Cramer said:
Thanks for the welcome, Paul.

I notice that you are from Lancashire. What was the first bird you saw today? I'll look it up and feel I've had a mini trip to your part of the world.

The first bird I saw today was a scrub jay, a beautiful blue bird, a very intelligent member of the Corvid family that comes to my window for the unshelled peanuts I put out. --Val
Hi from sunny Wales Val..The first bird i heard this morning was a Blackbird and the first bird i saw was a male chaffinch.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back