• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Intruders Easton sees and breaking feeder (1 Viewer)

Kleigh

I have a ten foot tall steel pole for my feeders. It has a squirrel baffle and isn’t near trees yet something is getting to them. Even broke one of the feeders. We get deer but they shouldn’t be able to reach that high. No sign of raccoons or anything climbing above the baffle which is six feet high. What can it be?

I have heard of deer standing on their hind legs to investigate feeders and sometimes they break them. Same with bears. Although, it's most likely a raccoon.. the squirrel baffles don't stop them from climbing. They only come out in the middle of the night, which is likely why you haven't seen them.

Any chance of setting a camera up so that you can see what you're up against?

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back