• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

October Moths (1 Viewer)

KenM

Ran my 15w UV last night (N.E.London) primarily because the temperatures were relatively high c14/15c with low cloud cover, and had several Red Green Carpets, C.perspectalis, a Brimstone, LYU, a sp + only my 2nd Vestal! Presumed immigrant brought up by the Southerlies, did anyone else have this species last night? Cheers

Replaced my very old 15w UV bulb with a fresh one yesterday, low cloud and some light rain prompted me to run it. Merveille du jour, Brimstone, Barred Sallow, pug sp (too high on the wall), 4 Red-green Carpet, 2 Common Marbled Carpet, Lunar Underwing, an unseasonal Figure-of-Eighty?, a regular C.perspectalis and this uncommon violet morph?....not a bad haul with the new bulb.

Cheers

Attachments

• P1580781.jpeg    Grdn.Moth Sp..jpeg
    P1580781.jpeg Grdn.Moth Sp..jpeg
    114.5 KB · Views: 45
  • P1580799.jpeg  Grdn.C.Perspectalis.jpeg
    P1580799.jpeg Grdn.C.Perspectalis.jpeg
    82 KB · Views: 58
  • P1580801.jpeg  Figure-of-Eighty.jpg
    P1580801.jpeg Figure-of-Eighty.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 41
  • P1580802.jpeg  Figure-of-Eighty 2..jpg
    P1580802.jpeg Figure-of-Eighty 2..jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back