• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help Identify Birds Near Datca Peninsula (1 Viewer)

dancing48user

Hello

I am staying near the beginning of the Datca Peninsula from Wednesday 5th to Monday 17th June. I am a member of the RSPB in the UK. Although I know a bit about birds, I am not an expert

I am looking for pictures of birds in the area so that I can try & identify some of them

Can anyone direct me to a good website with pictures & names in English please?

Also can anyone recommend one or two good places to go to see birds near here, or if there is a local group, or any local activities. I am close to the D400 road, not far too far from Hisaronu

Thank you if anyone can help me - Clive

Hi there and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum :t:

We're glad you found us and thanks for taking a moment to say hello.

Hopefully, someone familiar with the area you speak of will ring in with some suggestions ;)

Hi Clive, and welcome to the forum. If you don’t get a response from this post you might try posting your question in the forum for Turkey, found HERE.

Hi Clive and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

We have information about many sites around the world covering places to see birds, and here is a list of the sites covered in Turkey, which you may find of interest. For locations in the UK see here. If you need any help please don't be afraid to ask.

Welcome to BirdForum! I am sure you will find lots to interest you here, and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Thank you to everyone who replied & welcomed me to BirdForum. I have not used a site like this before, so it is a learning exercise for me. I will try posting the message on the Turkish link kindly given to me. I hadn’t realised there were different links for different countries. How do I find these links please? And apologies to the many people who viewed the thread only to find that it was not what they were looking for. With kind regards & best wishes to everyone - Clive

Hi Clive

If you look at the top of the page (underneath the Birdforum name and banner, you will see a lot of tabs.

The first is Home and next to it is Forums. If you click on that tab you will be taken to a page showing all the different forum headings. Find the most appropriate one for your question. If you can't decide don't be afraid to ask.

This is a large forum and can seem quite daunting at first, but it does get easier the more you look around.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back