• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fungi for ID King's Forest February (1 Viewer)

Steve Babbs

A rather belated request for id help. Anyone any thoughts on this small, waxy feeling fungi from the King's Forest last February?

Regards

Steve

Attachments

• fungi00001small.jpg
    fungi00001small.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 16
  • fungi00002small.jpg
    fungi00002small.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 15
this small, waxy feeling fungi

Hello Steve, looks like Rhodocollybia butyracea, the dark form, there is also a brown version (asema). I don't know the English name right now, in Dutch it is called Botercollybia (boter= butter, for its waxy surface). In
older books it is given as Collybia butyracea. I hope you know that "fungi" is plural, so your question for one specimen should be: "this ... fungus" (;^)
Good luck, enjoy, Jan van der Brugge

Thanks for your advice. It's called buttercap in English. Yes I am aware that's the plural; unfortunately I find that I forget to turn my brain on more frequently as I get older.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back