• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A beginner needs help... (1 Viewer)

costaricafinca

I have a Canon T2i and an older Canon 20D. Just unpacked after a long time, an old Bushnell 'Sentry' 18-36 x 50 scope and would like to try digiscoping.
What do I need? I have read about the adapters but don't want to order something and find I require other items to make it work.
Thanks in advance, Patricia

The biggest thing is finding an adapter that is easy to use and fairly quick to setup. Without that you will just be frustrated all the time. The upturned eye piece would seem much easier to make an adapter for. I have one of the screw on adapters for the straight eye piece and it has been very frustrating to use, although I was able to take some great pics with it. I tried to replace this setup with a superzoom but found it doesn't work very well. With the superzoom sure I can still take photos far away but they come out too grainy. My digiscope setup uses a cheap busnell scope and honestly I find the quality of photos has still been pretty good when I can get all the parts playing together and the cheapo camera actually works lol, sometimes great. Under low light (dense woods), my digiscope setup didn't do nearly as well, though.

Unfortunately, I've never found an adapter that works, so I cannot recommend something.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back