• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Need some advice on DSLR digiscope equipment (1 Viewer)

photograpix75

I am new to digiscoping and my current equipment is Canon AV1 Film SLR, Canon 350D/Rebel XT DSLR, Canon 5dm2, with primes and zooms upto 200mm.

I am interested in starting off on bird photography and found the scopes to be the only option within my budget :t: . I need some help on choosing the right scope/refractors.
If I were to use it primarily on my 350d and 5dm2, which scopes should I be looking at. My budget is 1000SGD.

I am interested in starting off on bird photography and found the scopes to be the only option within my budget :t: . I need some help on choosing the right scope/refractors.
If I were to use it primarily on my 350d and 5dm2, which scopes should I be looking at. My budget is 1000SGD.

With regards to refractors, if you mean the astronomy type of refractor then a lot of us use the Skywatcher Pro 80ED, also known as the Orion 80ED. It's a 600mm focal length scope with very nice glass for the price. Not sure what price they are in your country though. There's other scopes available in various focal lengths that some use but the 80ED is the most common. Have a look through the astro scope prime focus forum at http://www.birdforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=657

Paul.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back