• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Eye Relief figures (1 Viewer)

lucznik

Inspector Gadget
Does anyone here happen to know the eye relief figures for the following binoculars?

Cabela's Alaskan Guide 8x42

Cabela's Alaskan Guide 10x42

Leica Duovid 8 - 12x42

Leica Geovid BRF 8x42

Leica Geovid BRF 10x42

Thank you for your help.

I found these:

Leica Duovid 8/12x42 - 14.5 mm/14.3 mm
Leica Geovid BRF 8x42 - 19.3 mm
Leica Geovid BRF 10x42 - 19.3 mm

...but I am not completely sure about their accuracy.

Ilkka

lucznik,

I have no idea on the eye relief numbers for the Alaskan Guides. Your best bet in that case, since Cabelas won't release the manufacturer info, is to send an email to their customer service. They should have the unadvertised specs on file somewhere.

Sorry I could not help more. For what it is worth the 10x42 Alaskan Guides seemed to have a fair amount of eye relief for a 10x bin...at least 15 or 16 mm. I had a pair last September but took them back as I could not get used to the click stop focus adjustment. Other than that I thought they were excellent optically and mechanically.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back