• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Opinion on Zeiss Victory FL. (1 Viewer)

My advice is to ignore the scores or at least pay close attention to how they are arrived at. In this case the scores are "better" for the 10x42 mostly for reasons that either don't make any sense, are totally subjective or are subject to sample variation.

I have had the 8X42 FL T for a month now, and by far they are the brightest of my 8X42s while viewing at dusk or at night with background light.

Andy W.

I also recently traded for a Black FL 8X42 and now have the option to keep one. I am very pleased with the glass, and though there are many "bells and whistles" out there, I really like the glass optically, and especially ergonomically

I wonder why they stopped making it in green, I like the color.

A.W.

I quite agree about the green colour. My favourite binoculars as a piece of art rather than to use seriously are my green Leica 8 x 20 BCA in green - bought new in 1993. I think they look great in that dark olive green shade! If they could be something like a 7 x 28 I would use them much, much more as just picking them up gives me pleasure. (Am I very sad, saying that?).

Tom

The Green ones looked really good new but the few I saw after they were in use for a while had a faded green color.

Bob

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back