• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help needed!! (1 Viewer)

Shelly928

Hi everyone! So I’ve been feeding birds for the last 3 months to fill in the loss of my 16 yo dog gizmo. So far I’ve found it expensive but I don’t mind and quite a chore bc these birds eat a lot! I was filling the feeder sometimes 3x a day but now my heart is heavy bc there are 2 pigeons that have been coming around. I love all animals and they are living and need to eat too but as city ppl me being in queens we know when there is 1 or 2 there are a lot more to follow. Ans I can’t have that. They get fed by someone 5 blocks away daily on the sidewalk away from houses which is prob where these 2 came from. I’ve tried to shoo them away and then I feel bad but they come back and I can’t have my day comsumed with nerves about this. So unfortunately I’m going to have to take the feeder down for a few days and the others will suffer I am looking for advice from anyone that has been through this. I have a big backyard it’s very long queens yard so I was thinking maybe putting the feeder all the way in the back away from the front of the house bc where I live our houses are attached but our backyards are long enough to fit 2 more houses so woth this being said will this solve my issue and will the sparrows cardinals mourning doves etc find where I relocated. And throw the pigeons off. Any and all advice is welcomed. What became a calming pleasurable experience has now become major anxiety.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back