• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Any one help with birding in Abu Dhabi? (1 Viewer)

Andrew Ellis

Hi Guy's
I will be in Abu Dhabi on buisness next week and may have some
time to spare to go birding . Can anyone give me any pointers
where to go or someone as a point of contact?

Andy

Hello Andy ..
Try this website for current info:

http://uaeinteract.com/nature/bird/index.asp

In Abu Dhabi there are a couple of good spots for migrants .. Kahlidiya which is a sort of peninsula that juts out into the sea where migrants use as a pit stop; and this place is very easy to get to from the centre of Abu Dhabi.. The Mushrif Palace Gardens are also worth a try ..

If you have time and transport, then a visit to the interior may also be worth it .. especially to Al-Ain area and Jebel Hafeet ..

Have a good read of that website and you will also find some contact info at the bottom of the page .. The ex-pat birders in Abu Dhabi are a nice bunch of people and I'm sure they'll do their best to help 8-P

Thanks for your help , I AM CURRENTLY OUT HERE!
not had the time to get out yet but will in a day or so.
Iwill try and make contact with the ex pat you speak of .
Hoping to possibly get to sir bani yas Island by end ofthe
week.

Andy

Hello Andy ..
Try this website for current info:

http://uaeinteract.com/nature/bird/index.asp

In Abu Dhabi there are a couple of good spots for migrants .. Kahlidiya which is a sort of peninsula that juts out into the sea where migrants use as a pit stop; and this place is very easy to get to from the centre of Abu Dhabi.. The Mushrif Palace Gardens are also worth a try ..

If you have time and transport, then a visit to the interior may also be worth it .. especially to Al-Ain area and Jebel Hafeet ..

Have a good read of that website and you will also find some contact info at the bottom of the page .. The ex-pat birders in Abu Dhabi are a nice bunch of people and I'm sure they'll do their best to help 8-P

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back