• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon Z50 (1 Viewer)

Got mine on order i would say though (hope ime wrong) the D7200 will probably run rings round it for action captures like BIF,i expect to do BIF with it but am allowing for some errors.

Apart from that though ime expecting a very nice light camera,the body is lighter than my Olympus and with the kit lenses it should stay that way.

I heard that the Z50 is supposed to have zippier focus than the Z6/7, which is great. But personally, I'd wait for someone else to get one and review it. I guess I'm feeling a bit burned by the Z7 AF and don't trust Nikon to get sports AF right anytime soon.

Marc

I heard that the Z50 is supposed to have zippier focus than the Z6/7, which is great. But personally, I'd wait for someone else to get one and review it.

Same here - I'll also wait for the first reviews. I don't expect great AF-C performance though. Not yet. However, if it's at least a bit better than the Z6 it would be good enough for me.

What I really, really dislike about the camera is that it uses yet another type of battery ... :C:C:C And with a camera like the Z50 I'd always carry at least one spare. Just in case.

Hermann

Same here - I'll also wait for the first reviews. I don't expect great AF-C performance though. Not yet. However, if it's at least a bit better than the Z6 it would be good enough for me.

What I really, really dislike about the camera is that it uses yet another type of battery ... :C:C:C And with a camera like the Z50 I'd always carry at least one spare. Just in case.

Hermann

I heard that the new battery does not give you a good % readout, it's missing a chip or something. EN-EL15s are in all my other gear so I'd really like to stick with one battery.

Marc

It looks like a decent camera but my main concern is that it seems to be aimed at 'Instagrammers' and other social media users.

Got mine yesterday and its rained ever since, took some shots of things while sheltering under the balcony.

Attachments

• DSC_0049.jpg
    DSC_0049.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 155
  • DSC_0051.jpg
    DSC_0051.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 126
  • DSC_0057.jpg
    DSC_0057.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 161
  • DSC_0048.jpg
    DSC_0048.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 130
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back