• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

UK Herps 2020! (1 Viewer)

New Forest snakes in the heather project has got off to a belated start this month.
New survey square for me, new recording software, and a survey that went the same way as my last one 11 months ago, with nothing until 2 Smooth Snakes under consecutive refugia.

Attachments

• IMG_20200906_105529_copy_979x1305.jpg
    IMG_20200906_105529_copy_979x1305.jpg
    376.5 KB · Views: 54
New Forest snakes in the heather project has got off to a belated start this month.
New survey square for me, new recording software, and a survey that went the same way as my last one 11 months ago, with nothing until 2 Smooth Snakes under consecutive refugia.

Lovely animal, looks like a fairly big one?

Envious, still need to try and see one of these.

Yes, both were pretty much adult size. It's really deceptive when they are curled up, and so slim, but ~50cm.
I think Arne, or new forest survey open days are your best bet to see one.
I've yet to see one "above ground" which gives an idea how elusive they are.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back