• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your Most Recent "Life" Bird (5 Viewers)

"Tickable" or not, Katy, I bet that truly was a great thrill to see these huge birds in flight. One day I hope to be able to see them gliding in the skies!

I managed to see my first Brazilian Tinamou last week by sitting down quietly for about 45 minutes and whistling at least two birds in to my feet, in Alta Floresta - MT.

A long-time nemesis, and just a great haunting song.

Northern Waterthrush and Black-Throated Blue Warbler seen Friday 5/5/06 in New Haven CT. at a place called East Rock Park.

Finally, after years of searching and doubting its existence, Pomarine Skua. I would have been happy with a single bird out at sea but was thrilled when a flock of 18 calling Pomarine Skuas flew right over my head and headed inland in southern Iceland last night.

E

My last lifer birds were in Sept of 2005 off the San Diego Coast on a Pelagic Trip that was of the birds, by the birds and for the birds - and I mean that in a good way.

The lifers that trip got for me were Cook's Petrel, Leach's Storm Petrel, the amazing Red-billed Tropic Bird and the little gem that brought my ABA life list up to 554 was - drum roll please - the Least Storm Petrel.

*ooo... t'was such a good bird i almost had to smoke a cigarette afterwards*

3 lifers today. Had great looks at Magnolia, Blackburnian, and Mourning Warblers while on a local Audubon field trip at some powelines in West Hartford CT.

Considering I am not doing any twitching this year, unless something special turns up, I ain't doing too bad this year. My main two bogie birds seen earlier this year and my third biggest bogie bird landed about 45 miles awy from me in Bucks today. I didn't even look at the pager today until nearly 3pm and had a shock when I saw this bird had been reported since about mid-day. Needless to say I went after it.

What was it?

Wilson's Phalarope

John

Earlier this week:Broad-winged Hawk, American Bittern, Great Crested Flycatcher
All at the Pocono Environmental Education Center in the Delaware Water Gap area.

Since my last posting on May 3, two firsts for the yard were also lifers for me: a female Painted Bunting (Passerina ciris) and a fortunately-for-me calling Dusky Flycatcher (Empidonax oberholseri).

My wife, Brenda, and I are going to New York for a few days to visit our eldest son. He and I will be going to Jamaica Bay (my first trip to that birding "hot spot"). Maybe I will be able to get another bird or two for my "life list". I believe it will be an enjoyable outing irregardless. I am really looking forward to the trip.

Northern Rough-Winged Swallow, Blue-Gray Gnatcatcher and Swainson's Thrush a week or so ago. The swainson's thrush was seen several times thereafter on our lawn, and at several times there were 2 of them! And the thrush and Gnatcatcher were my first neighborhood lifers since October, when I spotted my first Brown Creeper

Users who are viewing this thread

Back