• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

San Juan Island, Washington (1 Viewer)

Brookie

I've got a vacation trip coming up later this month on San Juan Island, Washington. I would greatly appreciate any advice folks could give me on what to expect up there, or any good sources of field guides, etc. local to the area. As a side note, I'll be bringing along my brand spankin' new Bigma with me, so I'm particularly interested in photographic opportunities.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or advice.

Might be too late but both "The Birder's Guide to Washington" and "Birding in the San Juans" would be most useful.

You should be able to find these in Seattle if your coming through (say the University Bookstore in the U-District or perhaps even at the downtown branch or even the Half Price Books on Capitol Hill or Downtown).

See also Seattle Audobon web site with some info (but not much)

http://www.birdweb.org/birdweb/birding_site_details.aspx?id=20&ecoregion=3

Have fun!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back