• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hey guys I’m new! (1 Viewer)

Chilt

Hello everyone, I’m fairly new to bird watching! I did some back in the day with my camera but I want to take the more chilled approach with some binoculars and a note pad haha :) I absolutely love watching bird!

Handy for me I love 5 minutes away from Cannock chase, but the only problem is.. I don’t know the best places to go there? Anyone else know the good places to go up Cannock chase for birdies?

Also, if anyone has some info to get me started on places to go for birds around my area is be hugely grateful!

Thanks everyone

Chilt

Last edited:
Welcome to Bird Forum Chilt.
The best way to get to know your local area is to join your county nature trust and visit their reserves. Special places like reserves are exciting to visit and see new birds but a big contributor to spotting new birds is familiarity with your regular birds. Watch familiar birds in your back garden, neighbourhood and parks. The more you get to know these birds the more easily you will spot something new and different. And familiar birds like Blackbirds, Dunnocks and Blue Tits are still captivating creatures to watch.

Lee

Hi Chilt and a warm welcome from me too.

Also, in our Opus section you will find quite a few articles about locations in Staffordshire that are worth visiting: https://www.birdforum.net/opus/Staffordshire just click on any of the blue links and have a look to see which ones might be near you.

You can also look up any of the birds mentioned by clicking on the links in there, for instance you might be able to see Common Redstart at Berry Hill.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Thanks for the info guys! I’m always looking at birds, don’t know all the names by sight but I know from look! I shall just keep watching and getting better! :)

Thanks

Chilt

Welcome to BirdForum! I am sure you will find lots to interest you here, and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back