• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pink magpie (1 Viewer)

di wild

Hello to all.

I joined the forum to try to find out about a peach/pinkish coloured breast of a magpie spotted by a friend. Have now found out.

I have been watching and enjoying birds for many years. Brought up in Norfolk near all the RSPB sites so a good start.

Hi there Di and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum :t:

We're glad you found us and thanks for taking a moment to say hello. Please join in wherever you like ;)

Hello to all.

I joined the forum to try to find out about a peach/pinkish coloured breast of a magpie spotted by a friend. Have now found out.

I have been watching and enjoying birds for many years. Brought up in Norfolk near all the RSPB sites so a good start.

Hi Di and welcome, I am intrigued what you found out about the magpie.
I have often been fooled by reflected colour from standing water, such as puddles, until I can see the photos when I get home.
I am now in your old backyard, in Norfolk, and agree its a great place to be
Harry

Hi Di and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

I've not seen Magpies like that (we don't really get Magpies round here, they're very scarce) but I've seen some Hooded Crows, about 20 miles from here with buffish grey plumage. This is in an area where they meet the Carrion Crow which we get over on the east side of Scotland, so they're probably hybrids.

Welcome to BirdForum! I am sure you will find lots to interest you here, and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back