• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi From Cape Town, South Africa (1 Viewer)

MBenadie

Hi All at Birdforum.

I was introduced to this amazing site by a good friend and regular contributor to Birdforum, safariranger.

Anyway recently got some new camera equipment so trying my hand at Bird Photography. Major learning curve, but trying. Recently uploaded picture of the stunning Cape Batis, which I thought came out fairly well. Anyone wishing to comment on it is more than welcome. I would appreciate any constructive criticism.

I live in Cape Town, South Africa and birds & birding has been a lifelong passion.

GREAT Website! :clap:

Martin Benadie

Hola Martin! :D A warm welcome to BirdForum from all the staff. We hope to see some of your photos at the gallery soon.

Hi Martin.

Welcome to Birdforum.

Any friend of Safarirangers is a friend of mine. Liked the Cape Batis...I know the I don't want to have my picture taken feeling.

Howzit Martin, welkom by die voël indaba. Great to have you with us :t:!
A lovely shot of the Cape Batis. I see you took it at Kirstenbosch. Where are you from in Cape Town? I'm an ex Pinelands boy.

Hi Mark, thanks. I am a recent immigrant to Cape Town from Pretoria. I now reside in Century City, near Milnerton. Not sure when last you were in the Cape, but it is a new development site at the old Blouvlei. A section of Blouvlei is still intact, now dubbed Intaka Island.

MBenadie said:
Hi Mark, thanks. I am a recent immigrant to Cape Town from Pretoria. I now reside in Century City, near Milnerton. Not sure when last you were in the Cape, but it is a new development site at the old Blouvlei. A section of Blouvlei is still intact, now dubbed Intaka Island.
A nice part of the world, Martin. I know the area pretty well but haven't been out that way for almost three years now. How are the birds in that area now? It was a pretty good area a few years back.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back