• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon SPOTTER XL II or similar (1 Viewer)

wachipilotes

Anyone have used this Nikon SPOTTER XL II
or similar scope? There is of 80mm model ? It is more maneageable that the conventional spotting scope?
Thanks

Wachipilotes,

I had the Nikon Spotter XL I, a few years back; here's the Spotter XL II:

http://www.nikon.com/products/sportoptics/lineup/scopes/xl/index.htm

My XL I had 16-47x magnification, no retractable eyecup, whatsoever, and no slide lenshood. For what it's worth: it was a fine instrument, sturdy, yet lightweight, easy to pack and optically quite nice to about 30x. Sharp and clean images, though a bit less bright than I would have liked. The eyerelief did not let me see the entire field of view with my spectacles. The eye relief of the XL II is 19 mm, and there seems to be a foldback rubber eyecup, this might be an improvement.

I traded it for a Zeiss 65 Diascope in 2004.

For versatility and ease of use it's very good.

Best regards,

Ronald

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back