• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird house questions (1 Viewer)

lannyhsu

Hi all,
I’m new to these forums and was looking for a good resource on bird houses beyond all the articles and research I could find on the internet. I just started feeding my backyard birds in January and my interest has grown a lot since then. I usually get house finches, white crowned sparrows, and mourning doves as the main birds (juncos up until a few days ago) but I do occasionally see a pair of chestnut backed chickadees that visit my suet feeder. Have had the sporadic robin as well as some one time visitors like a black phoebe, California towhee, Northern flicker, etc. Unsurprisingly, I have also had a few visits from a Cooper’s hawk.

I am linking a photo here since I can’t resize it to attach.

Thought about mounting the house to a conduit pole and plant it closer to the wall to the left of the AC unit. Other option was to mount to one of the posts. The stucco wall faces south. Concern is whether the noise from the AC unit would disturb birds or not. (Likely wouldn’t even use the AC unit until May or June) I have also hung a wren/chickadee house on a tree branch on the other side of the backyard but no visitors yet that I can tell.

https://imgur.com/gallery/XEVggOu

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back