• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Connecticut Shoreline (1 Viewer)

Wingwatcher

My brother and I went to the shore on Valentine's Day. Milford, Connecticut was fairly productive, even though it was icy cold and windy. We came up with Great Cormorants, a Red-throated Loon, 4 White-winged Scoters, Red-breasted Mergansers, a Pied-billed Grebe, Buffleheads, Common Goldeneye, and Horned Larks by the dozen, on shore. While there, we also had Red-tailed Hawk, 3 immature Bald Eagles, 1 Peregrine Falcon, a Black Vulture, 1 Rough-legged Hawk, and a Sharp-shinned Hawk.

You had some day on the Sound. Very nice sightings. That wind can be fierce coming off the water. Nice little shore town Milford, been through a few times.

Obviously I don't know the area as I have never been across the pond to you but one thing is for certain, you seemed to have had one superb day. you seem to have had an amazing array of birds, or are they all common to you?

Sounds like a list of multicoloured birds! We get the mergs, goldeneye, peregrine and I have seen captive buffle heads. Horned Larks do come to Britain too.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back