• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello (1 Viewer)

Hi to members of this forum. I currently live and work in Qatar, which is surprisngly good for birding between March and May each year. I blog about what I find here httsp://birderlife.com.

I'm returning home to the IK next month (huzzah!) and will be very happy to sink into the grey and green once again.

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to seeing what this forum is all about.

Happy birding!

Adam

Hi Adam and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

Is that Usk near Newport? My brother lives just outside Abergavenny and I get to visit occasionally. A beautiful area with some great birding available there too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Hi Delia, thank you and yes that's right, Usk near Newport. We have a house there and I'm a regular down at Newport Wetlands and Goldcliffe Lagoons when at home. I can't wait. I'm new to this forum of course. I've set up a blog but I can't figure out how to add new posts? Is the blog where any posts I make to the forum live, or am I missing something. Sorry if I've missed something obvious.

Last edited:
Yeah... nice there, though the roundabout is a nightmare for me LOL. The last time I went round it twice!!

Try Llanfihangel Gobian too.... such a lovely stretch of the river and you just may spot a Cormorant perching on the power lines!!! Never seen that anywhere else. Didn't know cormies were passerines, did you?

Welcome to Birdforum! I am sure that you will find lots to interest you here and I hope that you enjoy your visits.

I understand that there is some upgrading work taking place on the forum which means blogs aren’t currently available, Adam.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back