• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Flycatchers (1 Viewer)

49bentley

Canada
Can someone please confirm that pics 1 + 2 is an Eastern Wood-Pewee, and 3-5 are Great Crested Flycatcher? Taken in Port Credit Ontario in August.
Thanks
Chris

Attachments

• DSC00679-df.jpg
    DSC00679-df.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC00680-df.jpg
    DSC00680-df.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC00705-df.jpg
    DSC00705-df.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC00712-df.jpg
    DSC00712-df.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC00723-df.jpg
    DSC00723-df.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 17
Looking at the head pattern (1/2), it looks very “contrasty“ with a “loral line” not something that one might expect with Warbling Vireo, further the upper part colour looks to be a rich olive green, I’m wondering if REV might be a better contender?

Cheers

Ken is probably thinking Red-eyed vireo. I do not know which vireo, but one of them was my immediate thought when seeing the first image.

Niels

I agree 1 is probably a warbling vireo. You can tell it's definitely not a wood-pewee, because wood-pewees have very short tarsi. This bird has long tarsi.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back