• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Scope & Tripod Carrying Case (1 Viewer)

Bob D

There have been several posts regarding options for carrying a scope with the tripod attached. I'm trying to find a zipper bag with a cross-the-shoulder sling that will hold the scope and tripod.

I've seen such bag and while it is not the handiest to get the scope out of the bag and ready for use it does make it easier to carry the scope in the field. The two individuals that I've seen using this type of bag are more likely to carry the scope in situations where a scope is not normally needed for identification. But it is likely that the scope would be put to use to show birders the fine points of an I.D. on a bird.

The bag also protects the scope during auto transportation.

Unfortunately this bag is no longer produced.

I currently use a sling, and have seen the backpack type, none which really meet my needs.

Does anyone know of a scope/tripod bag with a cross-the-shoulder carry.

Thanks.

Bob

Bob,
I have what you need. I think. It is made by Crooked Horn Outfitters. It has enclosed area for the scope and a exterior velcro flap for the tripod. I bought mine (a large) at the local Sportsmans Warehouse for about $50. I might be selling the scope and could make you a deal on this case. Let me know.
Dave

Dave, thanks very much for the follow-up to my post and your offer.

I'm looking for a scope/tripod bag that is large enough so the tripod can stay attached to the scope. I believe the one by Crooked Horn Outfitters is designed so that the scope is detached from the tripod.

Bob

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back