• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Just got my Sibley "limited signed edition" guide/behavior book.. (1 Viewer)

MD11

All I have to say is WOW.. well worth the money. Top grade printing, binding and signed by the author. These Birdlife/Behavior book alone is worth it.

I strongly recommend these for your library.. not so much for the field.

Are you referring to the Easton Press leather-bound editions? I saw them, but the price kept me away. Actually, if they offered just the field guide I would probably get it, as I'd like a nice, pristine version of it. But I don't see any reason to get another version of the Life and Behavior book (which, btw, is highly recommended).

Are both books signed, or just one of them?
Thanks for posting this - I may break down and get them eventually.

Are you referring to the Easton Press leather-bound editions? I saw them, but the price kept me away. Actually, if they offered just the field guide I would probably get it

I've seen it on ebay and thru Amazon.com as a used book... but for the same price or a bit more (4 payments of $44) you can get it directly from the publisher and save a lot from those other places. I don't know why anyone would pay the $320 some are asking in face of that.

Are both books signed, or just one of them?
Thanks for posting this - I may break down and get them eventually.

Only the guide is signed for some reason, but I can't say well enough for the print, page, paper, biding etc.. quality. Don't hesitate to get them if you can part with the money without hardship.

Since I've not seen any really good pictures to do them justice, here are a couple I just took for reference. They still don't do them justice compared to in person. For reference, there are a pair of 10x32 and 10x25 bino's to contrast the size. I tried to get artsy with the photo's.. ;)

Attachments

• DSC01164.jpg
    DSC01164.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 118
  • DSC01156.jpg
    DSC01156.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 118
  • DSC01159.jpg
    DSC01159.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 126
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back