• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pileated Woodpecker (1 Viewer)

Angelo G

A trip with the wife to Anderson Park Florida. I have been going to this park for years taking many photo's. I have seen woodpeckers and have taken photo's of them but only saw this one once years ago in this park. This week the wife and i were walking thru the park and we here some pecking the trees are over 100 feet high.Looking up we see this large woodpecker not much light under the trees but i was able to get a few photo's of him.

Attachments

• Pileated Woodpecker  2.JPG
    Pileated Woodpecker 2.JPG
    315.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Pileated Woodpecker 1.JPG
    Pileated Woodpecker 1.JPG
    561.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back