• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Photos and Videos with 35mm Showtime + Nikon 300mm f4 + Canon HF200 (1 Viewer)

wengchun

Registered Member

Attachments

• orientalpiedhornbill01.jpg
    orientalpiedhornbill01.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 75
  • orientalpiedhornbill02.jpg
    orientalpiedhornbill02.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 63
  • greyparrot01.jpg
    greyparrot01.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 68
  • whitethroatedkingfishershow.jpg
    whitethroatedkingfishershow.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 79
Hi Weng,

Nice footages. There are some chromatic aberration on Parrot picture. According to me, if your 300mm Nikon is an older model this may come from the lens. But if your lens is a newer model there should be an incompatibility between the lens and the Showtime adapter. Anyway I believe you footages can be improve a bit more if you correct the CA in software. But they are already nice. Thanks for sharing.

Murat F. Ozcelik
http://vimeo.com/channels/murat

Hi Weng,

Nice footages. There are some chromatic aberration on Parrot picture. According to me, if your 300mm Nikon is an older model this may come from the lens. But if your lens is a newer model there should be an incompatibility between the lens and the Showtime adapter. Anyway I believe you footages can be improve a bit more if you correct the CA in software. But they are already nice. Thanks for sharing.

Murat F. Ozcelik
http://vimeo.com/channels/murat

Thanks Murat. Definitely from the lens. CA is more obvious when shooting against the sky, but perfectly well when shooting eye level. Well, just have to make use of available equipment, and learn how to use it in best manner. can't afford to change / upgrade lens whenever not satisfy with the final result at this point of time.

by the way, i uploaded the actual footage from the camcorder directly to vimeo without any post processing. since the recording via 35mm Showtime adapter is 'upside-down', i didn't turn and lock the camcorder all the way. instead i make sure the camcorder is upside down so that will save me trouble to flip it using the computer. it works for me!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back