• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird watching in March or April in Florida (1 Viewer)

albatross02

Hi together,

I think about bird watching tour in March or April.
In March are realy good flight option by American Airline to Miami.

Which is the best place to start for bird watching ?
Which areas most recommended for bird watching ?
Is there any place for combination of bird watching and snorkeling ?
Where I can find accomodation like cottage or B&B, which homepage is recommended ?
Preferable far from town, because I live in the town.
Is it easy in March or April to find accomodation for a single person ?
How is about camping in protected areas or national parcs, how good is the chance to get a place in March or April ?

Thank You very much.

Best regards
Dieter

Miami offers very good birding in March and April. If you arrive in March, many warbler species will not have departed yet to their breeding grounds. If you arrive in April, you lose some of the warbler diversity but gain a few summer migrants such as Black-whiskered Vireo and Gray Kingbird.

Good places for birding in the Miami area include Crandon Park on Key Biscayne, A.D. Barnes Park and Matheson Hammock County Park in Miami, Everglades National Park, Green Cay Wetlands and Wakodahatchee Wetlands in Palm Beach County, and Jonathan Dickinson State Park near Jupiter.

Everything will be 'close to town' in southeast Florida, as the entire coast is dominated by a highly urbanized strip. The peninsula is not too wide (you are only a little over an hour away from Naples in Miami's western suburbs).

Accommodations should be easy to find. Jonathan Dickinson State Park and Everglades National Park offer camping options.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back